|Month||HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms||Sites, +(-)||Shared IPs, +(-)|
Business Name: UK-2 Ltd.
Company Owner: UK2 Group
Year of foundation: 1998
Locaton: London, UK
BBB Accreditation: No
Market Size: > 15K websites (#54 in HRank list)
Growth Status: (by websites quantity): Decreasing
The UK2 Group is a hosting company operating since 1998 in Great Britain and currently based in start-up territory of Shoreditch, London.
Now it is one of the nation’s largest hosting services. UK2 owns a number of smaller web hosting service providers.
Offers and Pricing
|Name||Domains||Disk||Bandwidth||Min Price||Billing Term|
|Business Hosting||Unlim||Unlim||Unlim||$11.09||12 Mo|
|Business Cloud||1||Unlim||Unlim||$19.77||12 Mo|
The provider offers 3 shared hosting plans.
One can purchase them for 1, 12, and 24 months.
The monthly prices for the cheapest offers are presented in the table above.
Promo prices for the first term are also offered.
All in all, the provider’s scope of activities is pretty standard:
- Domain Names,
- Web Hosting,
- Website Builder (powered by a 3d party),
- eCommerce Websites,
- VPS Cloud and SSD VPS,
- Dedicated Servers.
Uk2offers a variety of plans, which differ in price and functionality and hence suit different categories of users.
Some say it is a bit pricey, but for first-timers only, because there are quite a number of discounts.
Most users say the provider is quite ok, although there are sour comments saying there is a pretty big downtime due to SAN failures and system rebuilding.
Instant Technical Live Support: No
Several support options are offered, the major ones being sales phone number (both home and international) and a live chat. However, sales hours are from 9.00am to 5.00pm GMT, Monday to Friday, and this is not very convenient.
However, they are also available in a live chat, however, not 24/7 either, or we lost our patience waiting.
Report for 2108
|HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms||Sites, +(-)||Shared IPs, +(-)|
- Uk2 got 4.8 HRank and appeared in the 109th position in 2018. Its performance left much to be desired, to be honest.
- The providers uptime was very unstable in 2018. There were lots of downtime cases as low as 98% and 97%, which is not the result we expected. The most severe downtime could be seen in September and October 2018.
- Its response time stayed altogether in the average range – 500ms – 600ms.
- Downtime problems seem to have affected the customers: the provider lost many domains since September 2018.