TransIP has been around since 2003, and it is headquartered in the Netherlands. Its service is available in Europe and globally.
The official website is informative, and it has a conspicuously minimalist design.
Offers and Pricing
The provider offers the following options and services:
- Web Hosting,
- WordPress Hosting,
- Dedicated servers,
- Domain name registration,
- VPS, networking,
- Data storage, etc.
Webhosting S (the cheapest shared plan) starts at €5/mo (regular price) and €3/mo (promo price).
Prices are in Euro.
Support and Other Features
Some users say TransIP is ok, but there have been complaints about slowdowns and reluctant support.
Also, one of the disadvantages of the provider’s service is the absence of tech support live chat 24/7.
Last 6 Months Performance Values
- Jan 2019: HRank: 3.7; Uptime: 99.659%; Response: 382ms;
- Dec 2018: HRank: 7.8; Uptime: 99.978%; Response: 372ms;
- Nov 2018: HRank: 4.4; Uptime: 99.913%; Response: 361ms;
- Oct 2018: HRank: 7.3; Uptime: 99.969%; Response: 372ms;
- Sep 2018: HRank: 3.7; Uptime: 99.857%; Response: 384ms;
- Aug 2018: HRank: 8.4; Uptime: 99.989%; Response: 379ms;
Report for 2108
|HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms|
- TransIP can be found on the 80th place on our 2018 list, and it scored only 6 HRank with us. Among the reasons are the lack of tech support and moderate uptime results in 2018.
- The providers uptime, thought only once lower than 99% (September, 2018 – 98.929%), was not that bad. However, there were too many fluctuations that affected the general performance.
- Its general response time was mostly ok in 2018 (~300ms) with the exception of several cases when it got slower (~500ms).
- The number of Shared IPs dropped slightly in July, however, stayed much around the same numbers. But the number of domains dropped dramatically in August (by 60K), and stayed at this range till the end of the year. It’s hard to say what exactly caused the drop.