|Date||Total Shared IPs||Bad Shared IPs||Total IPs Downtime||Affected Sites|
|Month||HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms||Sites, +(-)||Shared IPs, +(-)|
Business Name: Namesco Limited (GB)
Company Owner: Dada group
Year of foundation: 1999
Location: Worcester, UK
BBB Accreditation: No
Market Size: > 20K websites (#46 in HRank list)
Growth Status: (by websites quantity): Decreasing
Previously known as Namesco, this hosting provider belongs to the Dada group. It was founded in 1999, and, as its name suggests, is based in the UK.
Offers and Pricing
|Name||Domains||Disk||Bandwidth||Min Price||Billing Term|
|Starter||1||50 Gb||Unlim||$8.99||12 Mo|
|Professional||5||300 Gb||Unlim||$11.99||12 Mo|
There are 3 shared plans on offer; yes, prices are in GPB. And, yes, it’s a bit inconvenient for international users.
The cheapest price offers are in the table above (in US dollars). Monthly, yearly, and 2 years billing options are available.
It offers a wide range of services other than shared hosting. Among them are
- Reseller hosting,
- Managed dedicated servers,
- Domain names,
- Email and Office 365,
- Website builder, to name a few.
Instant Technical Live Support: No
Names.co.uk is accessible via email and phone. There is no live chat, but they provide a wide range of articles covering topics related to their services.
At the first glance, there seems to be something rotten in the state of Names.co.uk, since the only positive feedback they received is limited to the one found on TrustPilot. Many sources are full of negative reviews, in which users claim it takes Names.co.uk several days to reply to tickets, domains are held hostages, and pricing is not transparent.
Yet, we are not sure that such feedback is altogether reliable. We have no personal experience with the provider, however, our monitoring data speaks for it.
Report for 2018
|HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms||Sites, +(-)||Shared IPs, +(-)|
- Our data on this provider, however, makes us doubt pretty strongly the authentic nature of the aforementioned feedback. Here is why. For all we have to say, this provider scored 9.6 HRank rating with us and appeared on our top 10 list for 2018 (#2), which is saying something.
- We have been monitoring it since June 2018, and its uptime got as low as 99.46% only once(!) since that time, the rest of the period it stayed in the range of 99.932% – 100%. Impressive, we have to admit.
- The provider’s response time was in the average range of 600ms – 700ms, not the fastest but very stable.
- The provider hosted pretty the same number of domains from August to December 2018 (around 19,700). And this fact advocates strongly for choosing Names.co.uk, not against.
- Though the provider appeared in our top 10 list not on the very top; however, we are sure many website owners can benefit from trying this web hosting.