123 Reg is headquartered in London. It provides web hosting services for users around Europe and abroad and claims having over 1 million UK websites using their services daily.
Offers and Pricing
The company offers a range of services, mainly for individuals and small companies, to run websites and blogs for various purposes.
- Web hosting and wordpress hosting,
- Website builder,
- Domain name services,
- and email hosting.
Prices for shared hosting start from £3.49/mo (promo) and £4.99/mo (regular). Prices are in GBP.
Support and Other Features
On the whole, the company receives positive feedback.
However, some users have expressed serious concerns, as they say they were forced to use the phone, as live chats were not working and they could not raise a ticket. Some even said they had gotten scammed, as their personal data had gotten out into the open somehow.
As far as we tried to reach their support, we were also disappointed by the absence of 24/7 live chat. Only available times to contact it are weekdays 9am-7pm and weekends 9am-4.30pm (GMT, we suppose). Which is not very convenient if you are not somewhere near the UK.
Last 6 Months Performance Values
- Jan 2019: HRank: 2.5; Uptime: 99.769%; Response: 1454ms;
- Dec 2018: HRank: 2.5; Uptime: 99.884%; Response: 1468ms;
- Nov 2018: HRank: 2.5; Uptime: 99.842%; Response: 1408ms;
- Oct 2018: HRank: 2.5; Uptime: 99.64%; Response: 1450ms;
- Sep 2018: HRank: 2.5; Uptime: 99.192%; Response: 1413ms;
- Aug 2018: HRank: 3; Uptime: 99.682%; Response: 1193ms;
Report for 2018
|HRANK||# in TOP||Uptime, %||Response, ms|
- By the end of the year the company got a very low rating with us – 2.8 HRank (the 230th position) in 2018.
- Its overall performance left much to be desired, as they has several downtime cases (up to 92% in September 2018), and its response time from the domains on Shared IPs was slower than average – around 1,500ms from August to December 2018.
- Its number of Shared IPs dropped twice since July 2018 and the number of domains became more than ten times smaller.
- It is hard to say whether websites were leaving because of the performance issues only or there were other reasons involved.